Sunday, February 8, 2015

Fly on the Wall Hears Comment From Girl Gamer

Sometimes life hands you these interesting fly on the wall moments. I waiting for my car to be smogged the other day when a middle aged man came into the shop with his seven year old daughter. While they were waiting their turn, the little girl pulled out a tablet and started playing a game of some kind. Her dad asked her if it was a fun game, and here was the exchange, more or less:

Girl: It's fun, even though it's a boy's game.

Dad: What makes it a boy's game?

Girl: They only let you play a boy [name for avatar or character I didn't catch].

Dad: Ahhh.

Girl (still tapping on her screen): It's fun to play a boy sometimes, but I wish they'd let me play a girl.


Sounds like the gaming industry still has some catchup to do. News flash: girls, even very young ones, do play games. And at least some of them wish there were more with female avatars.





No comments:

Post a Comment